Rocket is happy to announce its first ever public beta for UniVerse v11.2. As Rocket Software's first public beta, this will be a learning experience. Rocket Software will use this experience to shape how they conduct subsequent public betas.
This will be a Personal Edition, so while it won't enable you to play with all the new features currently being tested in our private beta, you will get to see some significant new additions. It has the same restrictions of our regular personal edition that can be found here:
So, before I mention the new features, some quick housekeeping. While we learn about how much interest a public beta will generate, we want to prevent overwhelming our support team as to not affect customers. To this end, will accept bugs and regressions via our
email channel with the following guidelines:
- All issues submitted to
need to have the subject "UniVerse v11.2 Public Beta"
- Rocket requires any regressions not associated with new features to be confirmed not to exist in the current UniVerse v11.1 Personal Edition
- Rocket will record issues sent in via a bug tracking system, but will not respond to the reporter unless further clarification is required.
Some of the new features you can expect to see UniVerse v11.2 (that you can play with in the Personal Edition) are:
1) Local subroutines & functions
2) Additions to XDOM, such as XDOMQuery
3) XML support in U2 Dynamic Objects
- Compiler DEFINES to enable condition compile basic on database type and version
- 64-bit Windows Port
- SHA-256 support
stat = DIGEST("SHA256",data,DATA__STRING,result)
- nbasic returns exit code 1 for success, 0 for failure
- New compiler directive $DIM.IN.SUB to support redimensioning in subroutines
- CLEARCOMMON /named/ now supported.
Note: As mentioned before, this is only a subset of the new features that will be released for UniVerse v11.2. Keep a look out for the official release of UniVerse v11.2 later this year were you can find out everything!
Downloads for Windows Personal Edition:
Part of our private beta documentation to help with local subroutines, XDOM changes and XML support in U2 Dynamic Objects:
Rocket Software is a global software development firm that builds and services Enterprise Infrastructure products for the world’s leading OEMs, networks and software companies and enterprises. The company’s current lines of business complement and extend strategic OEM offerings in the areas of database, business intelligence, storage, networks and telecom, terminal emulation and FTP, integration, modernization and SOA, and security. Rocket is engaged in business and technology partnerships with IBM, EMC/RSA, HP/EDS, Nortel, Motorola, and many others. Rocket Software is based in Newton, Massachusetts.
Modern data. Managed.
UniVerse is an extended relational data server optimized for embedding in vertical applications. UniVerse offers a nested relational (MultiValue) data model , with NoSQL access to data, means intuitive data modeling and fewer resulting tables.
U2 MetaData Manager (U2MDM), a user-friendly tool, quickly and easily builds and maintains mappings for your SQL tools accessing UniVerse.