Arizona 2017 - May 1st-4th
Release Date: Sunday, April 15, 2012
Some emerging technologies associated with UniData V7.3 are high availability and interoperability.
UniData 7.3 offers more protection for your applications. Improvements include the additional option of Digest Authentication for CallHTTP interface in UniBasic. Digest Authentication protocol provides a more secure method of authenticating HTTP calls than basic authentication.
U2 Dynamic Objects (UDO) provide an easier way to exchange data with web services through UniBasic and allows you to easily provide or consume data in JSON format through the creation of a UDO object.
This new version of UniData increases your options for keeping your applications available. You can replicate your data to a SQL database in addition to keeping your data safely stored in UniData, and replication using the External Database Access (EDA) feature is now available. Store your data in UniData and it is simultaneously replicated to Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or IBM DB2. Use the replicated database for data-mining or reporting while you use UniData as your production workhorse.
UniData 7.3 is even better at interoperating with the SQL world. With the new U2 Metadata Manager (U2 MDM) you can use many SQL based tools to access and manipulate your data while preserving your investment in your application. U2 MDM performs two important functions:
- Generates and maintains metadata that defines your data and makes access from SQL-based tools a snap. MDM generates the basic map of the data for you. Then it's just a matter of fine-tuning the generated map to your specifications.
- Enables data-type enforcement to makes sure your data is in the right format before being stored in the database
About Rocket Software
Rocket Software is a global software development firm that builds and services Enterprise Infrastructure products for the world’s leading OEMs, networks and software companies and enterprises. The company’s current lines of business complement and extend strategic OEM offerings in the areas of database, business intelligence, storage, networks and telecom, terminal emulation and FTP, integration, modernization and SOA, and security. Rocket is engaged in business and technology partnerships with IBM, EMC/RSA, HP/EDS, Nortel, Motorola, and many others. Rocket Software is based in Newton, Massachusetts.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com
Power and Performance without the Maintenance.
Deliver Even Better Availability, Interoperability and Security for Your Data.
UniData is an extended relational data server ideal for embedding in a variety of industry-focused solutions. Its extended relational model, with NoSQL access to data, is perfect for rapid cost-effective applications serving the needs of businesses from SMB to the enterprise where outstanding performance, reliability, scalability and manageability are needed.
- Delivers low TCO and exceptional scalability to meet the challenges of on demand business in the SMB and large enterprise markets
- Provides intuitive design and high-performance queries using an extended relational data model
- Supports security and robustness via encryption, authentication and high availability features
- Features native high-performance interfaces for .NET, Java and more
- Includes U2 Dynamic Objects for easier exchange of data with web services
- Data Type Enforcement provides an optional check on data written to a file in order to assure only valid data is stored.
- Replication with External Database Access (EDA) can be used to replicate your data to a SQL database on the same server.
- U2 MetaData Manager (U2 MDM), a user-friendly tool, quickly and easily builds and maintains mappingsfor your SQL tools accessing UniData.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-unidata