Arizona 2017 - May 1st-4th
Release Date: Monday, October 03, 2011
Rocket U2 has a new way of releasing the clients and tools that Rocket Software used to label as UniData clients or UniVerse clients: now Rocket U2 will release U2 Clients and DB Tools for both databases. U2 Clients will consist of the client APIs and DB Tools will comprise the tools based on the Eclipse development platform. Since most of the components of U2 Clients and DB Tools are the same for both UniData and UniVerse (only the ODBC drivers and the VSG utility are still specific to a database), Rocket U2 can release them for both databases at the same time. By releasing the clients and tools this way, Rocket U2 can release them more often and avoid some confusion (Rocket U2 won't have to ask UniData users to obtain the latest tool from the UniVerse clients).
The first U2 Clients version was just released. This release includes the following clients: UniRPC, UV/ODBC, UDT/ODBC, UniDK, JDBC, Intercall, UO, UOJ, UniOLEDB, UCI, UO.NET, UO.NET4CF, Dynamic Connect, VSG, and JPA.
All future releases of clients and tools will be made in either U2 Clients or DB tools. There will be no future releases labeled UniData clients or UniVerse clients. There will be no charge for either U2 Clients or DB Tools.
Also, please note that the U2 Clients release will be installed in the C:\U2 directory now. If your application depends on the install path, be sure to account for this pathname change.
The version number of the individual clients has changed to more easily identify the correct component and version number for support issues. Please view the U2 Clients readme contained on the package installation menu for details about component versions, product fixes, and important notes pertaining to this release.
About Rocket Software
Rocket Software is a global software development firm that builds and services Enterprise Infrastructure products for the world’s leading OEMs, networks and software companies and enterprises. The company’s current lines of business complement and extend strategic OEM offerings in the areas of database, business intelligence, storage, networks and telecom, terminal emulation and FTP, integration, modernization and SOA, and security. Rocket is engaged in business and technology partnerships with IBM, EMC/RSA, HP/EDS, Nortel, Motorola, and many others. Rocket Software is based in Newton, Massachusetts.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com
Power and Performance without the Maintenance.
Deliver Even Better Availability, Interoperability and Security for Your Data.
UniData is an extended relational data server ideal for embedding in a variety of industry-focused solutions. Its extended relational model, with NoSQL access to data, is perfect for rapid cost-effective applications serving the needs of businesses from SMB to the enterprise where outstanding performance, reliability, scalability and manageability are needed.
- Delivers low TCO and exceptional scalability to meet the challenges of on demand business in the SMB and large enterprise markets
- Provides intuitive design and high-performance queries using an extended relational data model
- Supports security and robustness via encryption, authentication and high availability features
- Features native high-performance interfaces for .NET, Java and more
- Includes U2 Dynamic Objects for easier exchange of data with web services
- Data Type Enforcement provides an optional check on data written to a file in order to assure only valid data is stored.
- Replication with External Database Access (EDA) can be used to replicate your data to a SQL database on the same server.
- U2 MetaData Manager (U2 MDM), a user-friendly tool, quickly and easily builds and maintains mappingsfor your SQL tools accessing UniData.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-unidata
Fast and Flexiblefor the Enterprise.
Modern data. Managed.
UniVerse is an extended relational data server optimized for embedding in vertical applications. UniVerse offers a nested relational (MultiValue) data model , with NoSQL access to data, means intuitive data modeling and fewer resulting tables.
- Delivers high performance to business solutions through super-efficient database structures
- Speeds your time to market while providing a lower total cost of ownership
- Advanced management with audit logging and account-based licensing
- Protects your data and provides around-the-clock availability to your enterprise application
- Integrates easily with third party software and external data sources
U2 MetaData Manager (U2MDM), a user-friendly tool, quickly and easily builds and maintains mappings for your SQL tools accessing UniVerse.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-universe