Arizona 2017 - May 1st-4th
Release Date: Thursday, July 14, 2011
Rocket U2 has released 6.1 of SB/XA completing the multi-year project to provide a complete .NET run-time environment for existing SystemBuilder solutions.
SB/XA optimizes application development and provides flexible deployment options for UniVerse and UniData® (U2) Databases delivering a development toolset that helps you quickly define your business logic as processes and combine and reuse these to meet any business needs for your application whilst providing an advanced interface, using clients based on Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), to render your application using rich-vector-based graphic controls or integrate Custom controls through .NET.
Existing SystemBuilder applications can move to the new SB/XA platform with the normal conversion effort required for major version upgrades. On conversion, they can continue to deploy their existing Character or GUI solutions or deploy the new Rich or Browser based clients in the .NET framework and take advantage of features such as Single-Sign On, XPS Print Viewer, custom styling and themes, ClickOnce deployment and security and connection resilience.
This release delivers Office Automation integration, .NET custom controls, central client configuration, expanded authentication methods, enhanced zoom and resizing capabilities, XPS PrintTicket support, AutoComplete fields, enhanced spell checking capabilities and streamlined administration and setup screens.
SB/XA 6.1 Presentation Components have been enhanced to include options to email Query Reports using Excel or XPS format from the XPS report viewer. Query and Report Writer reports can also be exported to Word using the XPS report viewer to Word. The main TU API routines have been updated to work with the XUI presentation components and additional options to interface with Outlook Appointments is available.
SB/XA 6.1 brings new integration capabilities allowing you to replace our standard controls with any of the free or thousands of commercial .NET custom controls for WPF. If you don't like our date picker build or acquire your own and replace it throughout your application with minimal effort. Additional example code demonstrating how to take advantage of .NET custom controls and Office Automation will help you get the most out of this release.
SB/XA 6.1 runs on a minimum of UniVerse 10.2.3 and UniData 7.1.20 database versions. The SB/XA Rich Client requires .NET 4.0.
About Rocket Software
Rocket Software is a global software development firm that builds and services Enterprise Infrastructure products for the world’s leading OEMs, networks and software companies and enterprises. The company’s current lines of business complement and extend strategic OEM offerings in the areas of database, business intelligence, storage, networks and telecom, terminal emulation and FTP, integration, modernization and SOA, and security. Rocket is engaged in business and technology partnerships with IBM, EMC/RSA, HP/EDS, Nortel, Motorola, and many others. Rocket Software is based in Newton, Massachusetts.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com
Power and Performance without the Maintenance.
Deliver Even Better Availability, Interoperability and Security for Your Data.
UniData is an extended relational data server ideal for embedding in a variety of industry-focused solutions. Its extended relational model, with NoSQL access to data, is perfect for rapid cost-effective applications serving the needs of businesses from SMB to the enterprise where outstanding performance, reliability, scalability and manageability are needed.
- Delivers low TCO and exceptional scalability to meet the challenges of on demand business in the SMB and large enterprise markets
- Provides intuitive design and high-performance queries using an extended relational data model
- Supports security and robustness via encryption, authentication and high availability features
- Features native high-performance interfaces for .NET, Java and more
- Includes U2 Dynamic Objects for easier exchange of data with web services
- Data Type Enforcement provides an optional check on data written to a file in order to assure only valid data is stored.
- Replication with External Database Access (EDA) can be used to replicate your data to a SQL database on the same server.
- U2 MetaData Manager (U2 MDM), a user-friendly tool, quickly and easily builds and maintains mappingsfor your SQL tools accessing UniData.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-unidata
Fast and Flexiblefor the Enterprise.
Modern data. Managed.
UniVerse is an extended relational data server optimized for embedding in vertical applications. UniVerse offers a nested relational (MultiValue) data model , with NoSQL access to data, means intuitive data modeling and fewer resulting tables.
- Delivers high performance to business solutions through super-efficient database structures
- Speeds your time to market while providing a lower total cost of ownership
- Advanced management with audit logging and account-based licensing
- Protects your data and provides around-the-clock availability to your enterprise application
- Integrates easily with third party software and external data sources
U2 MetaData Manager (U2MDM), a user-friendly tool, quickly and easily builds and maintains mappings for your SQL tools accessing UniVerse.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-universe