Arizona 2017 - May 1st-4th
Release Date: Monday, November 01, 2010
Rocket Software (www.rocketsoftware.com) today announced the general availability of U2 DataVu, a technical development tool for users of Rocket's UniVerse and UniData products, that allows graphical queries, visual reports and interactive dashboards to be quickly storyboarded and developed by technical content authors and then easily deployed to non-technical users.
U2 DataVu offers UniVerse and UniData users a comprehensive query, reporting and data visualization platform for desktop or web-based environments. With over 100 built-in analytical functions, U2 DataVu allows users to derive maximum value from their data and rapidly build and distribute comprehensive reporting and data visualization solutions across the enterprise. U2 DataVu allows users to:
- Develop graphical queries, visual reports and interactive dashboards
- Create reports and dashboards which aggregate data from multiple disparate data sources
- Access U2 data through native support of U2 SQL
- View data through a rich desktop application or through a web interface
- Support a variety of output formats, including XML, HTML, Microsoft Excel® (CSV) and PDF
- Run on UNIX, Linux® and Microsoft® Windows® platforms
Susie Siegesmund, Vice President and General Manager, Rocket U2, says "If you are using UniVerse and UniData and are looking for a turnkey solution that allows you to create and distribute queries, visual reports and interactive dashboards across your enterprise - and if you're wondering how to deliver unprecedented amounts of information quickly, logically and cost effectively - the answer is simple: you can do it with U2 DataVu."
One of the initial users of U2 DataVu is Dacono, which provides a strategic planning, compliance, forecasting and financial reporting system to support retail banking institutions to manage their Basel II regulatory burden and to deliver effective business strategy. According to CEO David Jordan, "The nature of the business we deal with is complex and cost-focused, and for us to be successful we needed a solution that was quick to implement, easy to maintain and easy to use. U2 DataVu met those criteria, enabling us to implement dashboards within weeks of implementing the software. Dacono initially selected Rocket Software's UniVerse Database for its capabilities that enabled us to develop a complex application that would have been difficult to do in other environments. Now Rocket Software's U2 DataVu has allowed us to add to those features as a visual dashboard module that can access the complex data structures we have. U2 DataVu gives our application the finishing touches to make our product a market leader."
About Rocket Software
Rocket Software is a global software development firm that builds and services Enterprise Infrastructure products for the world’s leading OEMs, networks and software companies and enterprises. The company’s current lines of business complement and extend strategic OEM offerings in the areas of database, business intelligence, storage, networks and telecom, terminal emulation and FTP, integration, modernization and SOA, and security. Rocket is engaged in business and technology partnerships with IBM, EMC/RSA, HP/EDS, Nortel, Motorola, and many others. Rocket Software is based in Newton, Massachusetts.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com
Power and Performance without the Maintenance.
Deliver Even Better Availability, Interoperability and Security for Your Data.
UniData is an extended relational data server ideal for embedding in a variety of industry-focused solutions. Its extended relational model, with NoSQL access to data, is perfect for rapid cost-effective applications serving the needs of businesses from SMB to the enterprise where outstanding performance, reliability, scalability and manageability are needed.
- Delivers low TCO and exceptional scalability to meet the challenges of on demand business in the SMB and large enterprise markets
- Provides intuitive design and high-performance queries using an extended relational data model
- Supports security and robustness via encryption, authentication and high availability features
- Features native high-performance interfaces for .NET, Java and more
- Includes U2 Dynamic Objects for easier exchange of data with web services
- Data Type Enforcement provides an optional check on data written to a file in order to assure only valid data is stored.
- Replication with External Database Access (EDA) can be used to replicate your data to a SQL database on the same server.
- U2 MetaData Manager (U2 MDM), a user-friendly tool, quickly and easily builds and maintains mappingsfor your SQL tools accessing UniData.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-unidata
Fast and Flexiblefor the Enterprise.
Modern data. Managed.
UniVerse is an extended relational data server optimized for embedding in vertical applications. UniVerse offers a nested relational (MultiValue) data model , with NoSQL access to data, means intuitive data modeling and fewer resulting tables.
- Delivers high performance to business solutions through super-efficient database structures
- Speeds your time to market while providing a lower total cost of ownership
- Advanced management with audit logging and account-based licensing
- Protects your data and provides around-the-clock availability to your enterprise application
- Integrates easily with third party software and external data sources
U2 MetaData Manager (U2MDM), a user-friendly tool, quickly and easily builds and maintains mappings for your SQL tools accessing UniVerse.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-universe