More MultiValue Database and Products Articles...
OpenInsight 9.0.1 Due to Be Released
The 9.0.1 release includes bug fixes as well as some new
Arizona 2017 - May 1st-4th
Release Date: Wednesday, April 01, 2009
The 9.0.1 release includes bug fixes as well as some new functionality. Some of the new components are:
- The ability to send a fax from OpenInsight using the standard Windows Fax Server (included in XP, Vista, Server 2003 and Server 2008). The new function is RTI_SENDFAX
- The ability to send an email using SSL. The new function is RTI_CDOMAIL
- The ability to create macros for use with the CTO_CHILD_FORM and CTO_STANDALONE_FORM. Ten (10) macros can be defined for each User within an Application.
- The creation of a task scheduler that can be called as an API or as a GUI. The RTI_TASK_SCHEDULER stores task specific information (including the details needed to connect to an Engine Server) for each application in SYSENV. It also creates and deletes Windows Task Scheduler entries based on the information stored in the task schedule record.
- The ability to process system indexing utilizing the Engine Server. RTI_INDEXER_CONFIG is a front end to schedule indexing utilizing the RTI_TASK_SCHEDULER and the Engine Server.
- The ability to create code templates in the System Editor++.
- EDITTABLE focus cell enhancements that make it easier to navigate through an edit table either on a per form or application basis.
- The ability to insert graphics and textual separators within OpenInsight menus.
About Revelation Software
Founded in 1982, Revelation Software delivers a suite of application development tools and companion services that take full advantage of leading network computing architectures, messaging, groupware, and client server platforms. Today, the company's flagship product OpenInsight is the only database development and application environment that provides both Windows and Java-based GUI s tools to develop and deploy web-based and client server applications that support native and relational XML, SQL, Lotus Notes and the leading legacy Multi-Value data sources such as Arev, Pick and IBM Universe. There are more than 1.5 million licensed users of Revelation products across 60,000 deployed sites worldwide. The company has offices in Westwood, New Jersey, as well as a European distributor in the United Kingdom, and an Asia Pacific subsidiary in Australia.
For more information, visit http://www.revelation.com
OpenInsight is a repository-based applications development environment
that enables development teams to work collaboratively to design,
develop, deploy and scale high-performance business solutions on
leading messaging and client/server platforms. OpenInsight is a
Windows-based application development environment that can reside
on either Windows or Linux servers when used in conjuction with our
network product Universal Driver 4.5. Arev32, Character to
OpenInsight (CTO), the U2 Connector, WebOI and the Bravo Dashboard
are all included in OpenInsight 9.0 Server Edition and above.
For more information, visit http://www.revelation.com/Revelation.nsf/byTitle/5DA001116EB098C085256DC500658FF4?OpenDocument