Pick Developer - Orange, CA
This position will be responsible for maintenance of existing systems and the architecture, design, development and implementation of high quality applications. Collaborate with team members to develop quality applications within an Agile software development framework. This position requires work on multiple, medium to large scale technical projects at a time, as well as ongoing production support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and test applicable software applications leveraging Pick/Universe
- Maintain systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Create technical specifications and test plans as appropriate
- Support high quality web and windows form applications using the Agile Software Development methodology which includes structured programming, documentation, design, and code-reviews
- Work with business and application users to define and design robust and user centric application solutions
- Work as part of the development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced environment.
- Work with Web development on data integration between the websites and the UniVerse database
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have proven experience with software development groups and projects
- B.S. degree or above in Computer Science highly preferred
- 7+ years of programming experience with Pick/Universe or Unidata
- Must have a thorough understanding of structured programming design techniques and best-practice design patterns used to create high-quality, robust and readable code
- Must have experience in all phases of the Software Development Life cycle
- Experience with EDI is a plus
- An understanding of Agile Methodologies is a plus
Programmer/Analyst - Jamaica, NY
About the Job
NOITU has an opportunity for a Programmer/Analyst to join our team at the NOITU Corporate Headquarters, located in Jamaica, NY. NOITU Insurance Trust Fund is a not for profit organization providing the healthcare insurance to our union members and their dependents. We essentially run a small, private HMO.
The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for defining, developing, testing, analyzing and maintaining software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements into technical specifications and designs. Technical knowledge in full life cycle software development methodologies and quality assurance required. Creates and maintains code and process flow documentation according to change control standards.
Must meet one of the following in terms of education and experience:
BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field AND 3 - 5 years of experience, including significant experience with VB.Net, SQL, Microsoft Development Tools, and Entity Framework;
an acceptable equivalent combination of related education/certifications and experience with the above areas.
Healthcare experience, prior PICK programming experience and / or EDI experience a plus.
The above experience must demonstrate the ability and skills to:
* Develop required specifications for simple to complex problems
* Update, repair, modify, and expand existing computer programs.
* Experience working in Microsoft environment, including operating systems, server applications, and strong troubleshooting and analysis skills.
* MS Access/VBA and MS Excel/Macro experience preferred.
* Experience writing SQL code for user-defined database extract or update statements.
* Experience with creating stored procedures and functions.
* Interface experience between backend SQL database and business applications.
* Experience with importing various file formats and parsing them into standard file formats.
* Recreate steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrite program to correct errors.
* Troubleshoot and debug complex issues and offer solutions to resolve them.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
* Prepare required documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation.
* Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills for interacting with and presenting findings to project and task team members.
* Liaise with vendors, network administrators and system analysts for efficient implementation of new software products and systems and for resolution of any adaptation and maintenance issues.
* Assist with identifying programming tasks and estimating programming effort/hours for project completion.
* Familiarity with change control environments and source code management protocols and processes.
* Provide application and third party bolt on support.
* Must be flexible and dependable and able to manage and handle change.
* Must be willing to learn the PICK programming language if not already familiar with it.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
The NOITU Insurance Trust Fund is a smaller organization with a family atmosphere. We offer competitive pay and a stong benefits package that includes company paid health and dental, vacation, PTO, paid holidays and a very generous funding into the retirement plan.
Programmer Analyst - Salt Lake City, UT
RC Willey is searching for an enthusiastic, career minded professional to assist our Programming department.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS GRADE 9 POSITION INCLUDE:
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain, revise and upgrade current programs as assigned by supervisor.
- Periodic or emergency system support and maintenance.
- Design, program, test, document and implement new programs and application systems as assigned and within designated time commitments.
- Follow departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Honor confidentiality rules governing system access, data access and manipulation, and current and future security rules.
- Answer calls and resolve problems for users needing assistance during assigned shift.
- Fill in as necessary to support other associates in the data processing department as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2 4 years related experience strongly preferred.
- Degree in CS/CIS or related field strongly preferred.
- PICK/Unidata experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Able to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills needed.
Background check, and drug testing is required.
We offer great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, excellent employee purchase discounts and much more.
Application Developer-Detroit, MI
Impact what matters.
You know that the answer is only important if you ask the right question. You realize that you have achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. You are a seasoned user experience professional with a compulsive need to improve online information design; we want to talk to you. You work as a champion to bring usability, visual clarity, and logic to our user interfaces.
We are currently looking for a Servicing Application Developer to modify existing and write original software programs to provide new application functionality and fix inappropriate application behavior. Document technical changes. Interact with senior staff and customers to develop extended knowledge of the software changes requested.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Modify existing and write original software programs either through SB+, PICK BASIC, PROC, or Report Writer.
* Test the results of the work performed for conformance to assignment expectations.
* Document technical changes associated with each assignment and document testing results.
* Interact with senior staff and customers to extend knowledge of assignment requirements.
* Provide initial operational support, where required, for newly developed functionality.
* Provide demonstrations, where required, of new functionality to users and prospective users.
* Provide initial customer support, where required, for users of new functionality.
* Share knowledge and experience with co-workers.
Interested candidates should have a working knowledge of business systems and practices along with a working knowledge of the PICK BASIC programming language. In addition, the employee will need to know how to write PROC, do basic file maintenance/administration, create data dictionary definitions, write queries, and have at least a minimal understanding of UNIX commands and the UNIX shell. Also, programming knowledge of the SB+ application development tool is required.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelors degree in computer science, MIS, or related experience.
* The ability to communicate and teach non-technical users a must.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work additional hours as needed.
* Respond proactively to training, technical support and customer service needs in line with provided guidelines.
About Altisource® Labs:
Altisource Labs is driving global software innovation at Altisource, with an end goal of causing major disruption in the financial services industry and beyond. We are a start-up, in the best sense of the word, with the financial stability of a NASDAQ listed company. We have small, high-caliber, focused teams and a mission-driven culture. That combination means high financial upside without risk, and a career path put in hyper drive.
The software we build matters to millions of people every day….it solves real world problems. We have a vision to change the world, and to do that, we need the best talent out there. What we do today is impressive. What we do tomorrow will be groundbreaking
Unidata DBA - North Carolina
* This position is responsible for supporting business goals and system fixes by analyzing, identifying and resolving issues and system fallout which impact clients, members and providers through the multiple applications and their associated business processes.
* In this role, potential solutions to issues and fallout should be documented for system fixes. Interim workaround solutions should be developed and communicated to impacted users. Participation in the writing of new and existing procedures and job aides should be required. Trends and impacts to customers should be identified for prioritizing fixes and resolution. Participation in prioritization process with IT partners will be required.
* Communicating issues to users and management via written and verbal channels will be required. Facilitation of issue resolution meetings with participation from multiple Business and IT partners.
* Acts as a subject matter expert to matrix partners and business process coaches.
* This role is accountable for analyzing and measuring the results of implemented programs and changes, as appropriate.
Full knowledge of Behavioral process and applications (Eligibility, Registration, CAMS, PMRS, Portals, Payment Issuance, etc.)
Excellent demonstrated communication and facilitation skills.
5 experience--preferably Behavioral Health related.
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Understanding of Service Operations issue resolution processes, HPSM, and the Service Request Tool
Root cause analysis background
Knowledge of Microsoft Access /Excel
Knowledge of claim processing and clinical business processes
Skill in writing procedures and job aides
Project Management experience a plus
Technical knowledge of the
post relational data base; Pick Basic
Ability to understand Unix Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts is a plus
Technical knowledge of Java/Oracle
*This position will oversee global production support issues internal to client.
*This position will be responsible for all global issues reported in HPSM and tracked in the Service Request Tool, as well as key facilitator for resolving global issues and for preparing production issues for all system releases.
* Assesses, plans, monitors, evaluates and reports on project plans. Participates in and/or facilitates the design, development, and implementation of new operational controls, performance metrics, information management systems, and automated processes.
* Compiles and analyzes results of services for identification of improvement opportunities.
* Develops, produces, gathers and improves executive and line of business scorecards.
* Provides services benchmarking and industry comparative analysis support.
* Provides measurement and cost savings support (development, reporting, validation and improvement) for service management.
* Possesses a thorough knowledge of the interdependencies among business improvement teams and matrix partners; negotiates change through matrix partners; and serves as a technical, procedural, or workflow resource for improvement teams, matrix partners and management.
* Position requires strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
Design storage strategies around backup and recovery for complex database environments, physical structures, and specialized database applications
- Partner with project teams and interact with enterprise DBAs to find solutions for projects and operational issues for existing and proposed databases
- Act as a liaison serving as primary point of contact between application development segments and d Understand and follow industry best practices and standards
- Experienced in performance, tuning and optimization analysis, troubleshooting practices and procedures
- Provide standardization and consistency across environments
- Ensure a stable and secure database environment
- Implement and monitor database functionality to ensure stable environments database administrators
Unidata/PickBasic/Universe - Nashville, TN
Raag solutions LLC - Nashville, TN
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Leading an applications development team that maintains, improves
upon, and/or develops new local and/or corporate systems for an
Utilizing in-depth knowledge of a particular configuration of
hardware, software, and supporting equipment; designs, develops and
implements local and/or corporate systems appropriate to meet user
department needs as outlined in user department requests.
Maintaining awareness of the capabilities and limitations of the
particular system's environment.
Developing concepts for hardware, software or network upgrades or
additions based on operational issues, customer needs, customer
impacts, and/or industry trends.
Fostering and maintaining a close relationship with the functional
department to which support is being provided in order to understand
and anticipate their needs for computer based capabilities.
Under the guidance of the appropriate manager, working with the
appropriate user department staff to define capabilities for the
effective use of information in accomplishment of the department's
business and strategic goals.
Coordinating with other members of the Financial Products Division
(FPD) Information Services staff; software vendors and the appropriate
manager to achieve goals and objectives.
Ensuring that assigned systems are functioning properly.
In the event a malfunction should occur, ensuring that the problem is
addressed and resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
Communicating new projects and project results to appropriate manager.
Providing assistance and training to users and other systems personnel
in the understanding and use of programs and systems.
Remaining abreast of changes in technology.
Notifying management of changes, which may impact systems performance.
Recommending solutions and coordinates approved changes.
This position is needed based on the current project load and horizon
-- compliance, regulatory issues, IL tweaks, CBC support, CRM and FE.
4-year college or university degree and a minimum of 7 years exempt
experience in information services.
Advanced knowledge of and the demonstrated ability to apply data
processing philosophies and techniques.
Unidata, Pick Basic, Universe experience and Unix Shell Scripting knowledge
InfoLease, InfoLease processes, such as · USI (Universal Set-up
Interface)· IDS Rapport would be nice, our Finance Express is similar
InfoLease Credit App -to- Contract Functionality
An understanding of XML
Someone who knows what a cron-job is
Advanced knowledge of and the demonstrated ability to apply the
various programming languages or financial systems used by the
Financial Products Division (FPD) Information Services staff.
Demonstrated ability to train and advise employees on the use of
computers and software packages.
Demonstrated knowledge of procedures and operations of the functional
Advanced ability to motivate coworkers to achieve objectives.
Advanced ability to successfully lead program and/or software project
Advanced knowledge of computer hardware, interfacing of software,
desktop support, telecommunications concepts and Data Base Management
Advanced ability to identify systems deficiencies and recommend and
develop new software/programs to correct the deficiencies.
Advanced ability to identify and correct systems problems in a timely manner.
Knowledge of computer operations systems.
Demonstrated ability to reinforce high quality standards driven by
Advanced knowledge of computer software and how to implement such software.
Advanced ability to resolve mechanical/technical problems with
emphasis on troubleshooting. Advanced ability to work independently.
Demonstrated ability to create and maintain an environment conducive
to collaboration across corporate business units and service
Advanced ability to listen to others and communicate effectively.
Advanced ability to perform programming in the various languages used by FPD.
Must be a self-starter.
Desired Qualifications: Knowledge of the finance industry and
experience in project leadership is desired.
Salary: $50.00 /hour
- Knowledge of the finance industry and experience in project leadership is desired.: 5 years
Systems Analyst - Salt Lake City, UT
About The Company:
A division of Utah Retirement Systems, PEHP is a non-profit trust with the vital job of providing health benefits to Utah's public employees and their families.
Performs a variety of systems/analyst functions involving complex technical duties related to the timely and reliable functioning of business and computer software systems for the use of others. Manages the implementation of computer systems throughout the development life cycle. Incumbents at this level develop more complex long term projects and are required to develop program and system design and coding specifications. They may function as team leader and supervise staff or a project team on an occasional basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the programming effort with the proper user and operations personnel to insure accurate efficient, and secure production processing.
- Meets and coordinates with users to determine system requirements and objectives.
- Performs on-going user training.
- Investigates, identifies, and defines system problems and beneficial enhancements by communicating with the user department.
- Performs program and systems analysis, designs, writes, enhances, and maintains application programs using company standards and hardware configuration.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing sub-systems and systems for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating improvement, and general debugging.
- Reviews and analyzes, various reports, forms, materials and information.
- Documents user requirements including input, output, and logic specifications.
- Determines requirements for system implementation including interrelationships with other systems, both manual and computerized, and data conversions
- Investigates, identifies, and resolves problems concerning business or computer system design, programming, or operational effectiveness including business process design and workflow.
- Prepares detailed system and process flow charts, diagrams and specifications
- Designs data base files; completes file design by converting various data elements to "third normal form", or other appropriate final designs; determines file content needs, size and characteristics, etc.
- Identifies system and file security needs and levels of confidentiality.
- Resolves problems concerned with systems design, programming, or operational effectiveness.
- Coordinates with users and management, all turnover of new or modified programs and systems.
- Prepares documentation.
- Monitors their own work priorities, schedules, and assignments.
- May occasionally supervise staff or project team which includes determining workload, delegating assignments, monitoring and evaluating project performance.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as required
Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree in computer information systems; AND five (5) years of progressively responsible software application experience; at least one (1) year of supervisory or project management experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specific experience in systems analysis, design and programming preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Requires a considerable knowledge; Information system development methodologies and applications; systems analysis and design concepts both structured and object oriented; Batch, on-line, distributive, and manual systems; programming processes and languages; Data-base management; relational and hierarchical database design; Information system management concepts; methods and standards for project control; Entity relationship modeling, data flow diagramming and computations and algorithms common to system analysis and design; general knowledge of user departments objectives, processes, and management practices. Requires a working knowledge of Project Management. Utilizes algorithms, flow charts, and other analytical tools to determine appropriateness of goals.
Requires ability to draft technical reports, documents and agreements; analyze a variety of IT issues and problems and make recommendations; Must possess strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills necessary to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams; ability to follow written and verbal instructions; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with professionals, vendors, department heads, co-workers and the public; Requires a high degree of self-motivation and experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Must have the ability to deal effectively with stress caused by work load and time deadlines
Incumbent performs in a typical office setting with appropriate climate controls. Tasks require a variety of physical activities which do not generally involve muscular strain, but do require activities related to walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required to perform essential functions.
Programming languages, such as Pick Basic, Visual Basic
Data-base management systems such as UniVerse and Unidata
Middleware tools such as U2 Web development environment (IBM REDBACK).
Has in-depth knowledge of PEHP Systems applications, including Claims, Finance, Case management, Imaging and operations, Marketing,LTD, Life, Flex and HSA/HRA/FSA.
PICK Programmer-Greensboro, NC
NIIT USA - Greensboro, NC
PICK Basic programing, Universe Datatabase / (U2 Database), Reback/WebDE, MS Office
Applications Programmer/Analyst - Tampa, FL
Hillsborough Community College - Tampa, FL
The position requires at least a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field and at least three years of prior-related work experience. In addition, the position requires solid Datatel Colleague ERP software experience in one or more application. The position requires at least a High School diploma or GED equivalent if substituting experience for education.
Substitute of Experience for Education Permitted: Yes
The position supports the Ellucian Colleague Systems and other related applications. In addition, the position: (1) troubleshoots and develops custom programs to enhance the Colleague ERP system, (2) analyzes functional processes, (3) designs solutions and implements critical information systems, (4) develops, writes, tests, implements and maintains application programs, and (5) analyzes requests for feasibility and proposes alternatives for meeting the needs of the institution.
Sr. ERP Developer - Anaheim, CA
DynTek Services Inc. currently has an exciting Sr. ERP Developer Opportunity in Anaheim, CA. This is a full-time permanent opportunity with a competitive salary, benefits option, and great growth potential.
Job Summary Responsibilities include participating in the design, development, customization, implementation and support efforts of corporate ERP solutions Qualified Candidates will have BS Degree preferred 5+ years of experience in design, development and support of large scale ERP systems (UniData or UniVerse required, Avante acute a plus) Understanding of ERP product Life Cycle Management, Supply Chain Management (Purchasing, Manufacturing and Distribution) 2+ years of experiencing integrating Avanteacute ERP applications with RedBack a plus 2+ years of experiencing in developing Enterprise Applications using .NET Framework (ASP.NET) a plus Experience developing in System Builder a plus Knowledge of Software Change Control Knowledge of MS SQL a plus Ability to work with pre-existing guidelines, standard operating procedures in a fast-paced professional environment. Excellent communication and presentation skills, (written, and verbal) Strong attention to details, highly organized, computer literate.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, please submit an updated copy of your resume to Stephanie.Maddock[at]dyntek.com
UniData, UniVerse, Avante, ERP, MS SQL, System Builder, Software Change Control, ERP
Software Developers - Plymouth, MA
JOB SUMMARY :
Developer with skills in one of the multivalue BASIC languages needed to assist with patches and customer requests for Payroll/HR Software product. Experience with SB+ or 4GL languages will be helpful. Any other development languages such as Java will be definite plus. Some work will involve creating code called via web services, so ability to write code that is fast and modular is key as is the ability to work with customers to ensure the outcome they expect is met by the software designed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES :
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE :
- Writing, debugging software using UniData BASIC and editing/debugging tools
- Customer interactions to get design requirements and feedback will be required
- Ability to write code and prepare testing scenarios to assist QA functions
- Self-starting, with the ability to recognize when assistance is required without waiting for a check-in or for the project to fall behind schedule
- Ability to manage to deadlines
- UniData (or related MultiValue)
- BASIC or demonstrated skills that would allow quick adoption of the language
- Background in HR, payroll and/or accounting skills useful
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO:
*Team Leader for projects
*Priority Response Team ( PRT ) Manager
PrismHR is an EO/AA/ VEV /Disabled Employer
Diversity Candidates are encouraged to apply
Programmer - Systems Administrator - Chicago, IL
The Programmer / Systems Administrator will support application development, integration, system administration, and standardization efforts for Adler University. This position will work closely with technology and other department staff to define, develop, test, deploy, and document software tools and applications that support the ongoing custom enhancements, systems integration and lifecycle needs of the school. This includes the support of current systems as well as the development of new tools that optimize information management operations supporting the business process requirements of Adler University. Strong focus will be leveraged toward enhancement of the university's Colleague ERP system, SharePoint, and administration of software updates, upgrades, servers, and databases.
- Ability to complete all phases of SDLC including analysis, design, development, QA testing, implementation and support
- Document and develop system enhancements based on standardized structure, naming conventions, and quality assurance processes as defined by Adler University
- Produce end-user training and documentation
- Maintain custom applications and code module functionality through vendor architecture and API changes and enhancements based on standardized application lifecycle management processes
Adler University is the leading academic institution advancing socially responsible practice, healthy communities, and a more just society. Adler University was founded on an important idea: Our health resides in our community life and connections. This is what drives our groundbreaking curricula and commitment to social responsibility, from our campuses in downtown Chicago and Vancouver and through Adler Online. We work with those courageous enough to want to change the world. Our doctoral and master's programs—many of them nationally recognized in fast-growing fields—prepare students to lead social change in the fields of psychology and mental health, criminal justice and public safety, business, public policy, and advocacy.
We are committed to quality through continuous process improvement and personal accountability. As a result, we seek professionals, who embrace life-long learning, present proactive solutions and drive results to support social responsibility from the classroom to the community.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. Adler University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
• Minimum three years of application development and systems administration work experience in a variety of coding environments as noted below
• Strong analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to research and to apply problem-solving skills to complex technical problems
• Knowledge of version control and structured change management practices and procedures
• Demonstrated skill with any of the following databases, development environments and tools
o Windows Server
o SQL Server
o Colleague by Ellucian
o Internet Information Server and Apache
o SharePoint Administration
o Microsoft Visual Studio
o ASP.NET Web API
o RESTful Services
o OnBase by Hyland
• Strong customer service focus
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Willing to learn new technologies and acquire new skills as required by the growing demands of the university
• Must be proactive, analytical, organized and detail-oriented
Database Admin/Desktop Support - Fultonville, NY
Database Admin/Desktop Support
resolving functionality issues; following all security guidelines; working with enterprise security devices; maintaining backups to prevent data loss; resolving application problems as they arise; analyzing complex company information; creating customized reports with the direction of Senior Staff; and processing program bugs. Experience with any of the following databases preferred : Pick, Multivalue , Reality, Unidata , Universe, Univision, mvBASE , jBase , Cache, D3
- Modify, and debug software.
- Design and develop application components (custom reports).
- Test and document software. Provide user support and training.
- Analyze requirements and work with Sr. Mgt and Supplier to implement modifcations .
- Provide first level desktop support, and a ct as a Liaison with consultants and vendors to evaluate and recommend additional enterprise software solutions (such as CRM), maintain company - wide ERP and network infrastructure including wiring, network hardware, servers and work stations.
- Act as a technical resource in assisting users (both internal and external) to resolve problems with equipment, software and data; researches and implements solutions.
- Maintain windows based phone system and troubleshoot problems; makes repairs and corrections where required or notifies outsource providers as required; and executes all upgrades and changes.
A bachelor's degree in computer science, enterprise planning development, information systems, or a related field is required for this position. Prior experience in a development capacity with a manufacturing company is highly beneficial. Industry and technology certifications are also helpful.
IT Business Analyst- Hoffman Estates, IL- Serta Simmons Bedding
IT Business Analyst- Hoffman Estates, IL- Serta Simmons Bedding
APPLY using REQ NUMBER: 2312 at
Hoffman Estates, IL
As a part of the Serta Simmons Bedding team, you can help lead the way to a healthier and more well-rested world. Our mission is simple -- to give consumers the sleep they need to live the lives they want. We are the world's #1 mattress company with winning and iconic brands -- Serta and Simmons -- and robust marketing, sales and operational capabilities.
Reports to: IT Manager of Applications, and/or the Director of Software Applications
The business analyst designs and documents work flow, manages and provides solutions to the business, understands the user's business requirements and business process management, and then translates them to particular software requirements. This position will require functional and technical proficiencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Devises and/or modifies systems in order to solve challenges brought in by the business and offer solutions to enhance the user environment.
- Work with the user community and developers to prepare detailed functional and/or technical
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in the field; and attends appropriate training programs to remain current with skills
- Research and resolve problem tickets entered by the business
- 3-5 years development experience in a PICK Multi-value Database
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of college level/or other technical training with experience
- Experience supporting a multi-site manufacturer preferred
- Effective communication, interpersonal, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple issues and projects
- Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated history of exceptional customer service
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Working Environment
Programmer Analyst - Florham Park, NJ
Aptron Corporation is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated professional to join our application development and support team. You will work closely with Aptron and client personnel to expand, refine and support Collegix, our comprehensive integrated higher education ERP suite. Applications include a total life-cycle student information system, advanced accounting, human resources, fund raising and a comprehensive, self-service portal that can be accessed by students, faculty, alumni, administrators and staff using either a Web browser or mobile application.
Skills & Requirements
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in information technology, computer science, mathematics, economics or related fields such as engineering.
- A Multivalue background, preferably in developing administrative applications in UniVerse, Unidata or QM using a development tool set such as DesignBAIS, SB+ or similar utilities.
- Three or more years of programming experience.
- The ability to work under general supervision within a standardized development framework.
Preference will be given to individuals with prior experience developing and supporting application software products. Experience with schools or not-for-profit organizations is a plus.
This is a full-time, in-office position.
Since 1983, Aptron has partnered with leading institutions to automate a broad range of higher education operations and business initiatives. Our Collegix® enterprise software provides a central platform that delivers a truly integrated suite of applications that can be customized and optimized to meet the specific requirements of colleges, universities and other educational institutions. Aptron supports both long-term clients and newly signed customers.
Aptron offers competitive pay and a strong benefits package including company paid health insurance, progressive vacation, paid holidays and a matching 401K retirement plan. Aptron is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
To apply for this position.
Principals only. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include a Job Posting with us?