UniVerse/System Builder Developer
Company: Word and Brown
Location: Orange, CA
We have an exciting opportunity for you to work in a dynamic and growing company with talented people. Come join our team of Pick/Universe professionals and help us with the development of applications vital to the company's success.
You will be responsible for maintenance of existing systems and the architecture, design, development and implementation of high quality applications. Collaborate with your team to develop quality Universe/SB+ applications within an Agile software development framework. You may work on multiple, medium to large scale technical projects at a time, as well as ongoing production support.
- Design, develop and test applicable software applications
- Maintain systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Create technical specifications and test plans as appropriate
- Support high quality web and windows form applications using the Agile Software Development methodology which includes structured programming, documentation, design, and code-reviews
- Work with business and application users to define and design robust and user centric application solutions
- Work as part of the development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced environment.
- Work with Web development on data integration between the websites and the UniVerse database
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
Must have a thorough understanding of structured programming design techniques and best-practice design patterns used to create high-quality, robust and readable code
Must have experience in all phases of the Software Development Life cycle
An understanding of medical insurance is a plus
- Must have proven experience working with software development groups and projects
- 7+ years of programming experience with Pick/Universe or Unidata
- 5+ years of programming experience with System Builder+
- Proficiency with the following is a plus: •
- Experience with TFS 2010 and Visual Studio 2010
Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude Educational Requirements:
B.S. degree or above in Computer Science highly preferred Physical Requirements:
Requires close vision and must have good hand to eye coordination. Must be able to see, hear and speak clearly. Must be proficient in the English language.
Must be able to use a computer keyboard. Some lifting may be required.
Working environment is stable and noise level is moderate
- Able to support development standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
Company: Word and Brown
Location: Orange, CA
The EDI Specialist will support all aspects of EDI mapping, processing and transmission in a high volume professional Microsoft environment. Position will work with business and project teams to transform requirements into customized EDI solutions. It will create and implement Maps for HIPAA standard 834, 835, 820, 270, 271, 999 etc… and examine and correct any errors or exceptions in file content. The EDI Specialist will also monitor SFTP Server to examine and correct any transmission errors, create and publish EDI reports for consumption of IT staff and business staff, work with sources system development teams to pull data from external systems into EDI and pass status and error information from EDI back to the external systems.
Must have minimum of 2 years experience working with EDI, 2 + years experience creating and editing maps, 2+ years experience with MS SQL, basic understanding of PGP encryption and how to use it. Knowledge of 1EDI Source EDIHQ and health insurance and products is a big plus. Must be a reliable, motivated team player, able to communicate well in English both written and oral. BA or BS in computer science or equivalent experience.
Senior Database Programmer
Type: Full Time
Year Round Position, 40 Hours per Week
Amherst College seeks a highly skilled senior database programmer to implement, develop and support the College's enterprise resource planning system, Ellucian's Colleague. The senior database programmer reports to the Director of Database Services and works closely with College staff to evaluate needs and options, solve problems, and implement solutions, including the design and development of custom applications where required.
The successful candidate will be highly collaborative, creative, as well as experienced and interested in the data and reporting needs of a wide range of administrative departments, including Admissions, Advancement, Human Resources, Registrar, Dean of Students and Comptroller, among many others. The successful candidate will also be knowledgeable of emerging trends in technology and capable of designing, implementing, and documenting new, strategic approaches to utilizing these technologies in a college environment.
A review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 5+ years Ellucian Colleague applications development experience or, in lieu of a degree, 10+ years' experience; demonstrated knowledge of desktop productivity software and complex data structures; experience with complex reporting using Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects, Crystal Reports and Cognos is highly desirable.