Programmer - Ventura County, CA
TRG - Technical Resource Group
Well established and respected company in Ventura County, CA is seeking a seasoned Pick Developer to join their team. The Pick Developer will be responsible for: supporting the Pick environment with programming needs for enhancements and new software applications. The Pick Developer will work closely with the leadership and I.T. teams and be responsible for project development and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pick/D3 programming and ability to work with associated tools.
- Working knowledge/experience in fully integrated ERP systems.
- Create, test, debug and implement high quality Pick programs, subroutines and other solutions within the Pick/D3 environment.
- Support Pick applications through structured programming, documentation, design and code reviews.
- Solve problems effectively and in a fast paced environment.
- A thorough understanding of structured programming techniques to create highly effective readable code with solid documentation.
- Able to handle all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Generates innovative and evolutionary ideas for performance and business improvements.
- Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs, then develop and document those new business applications.
- Formulate overall business strategy.
- Project management of system software enhancements, in addition to development and implementation of new software programming.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be dependable, detail oriented, organized, and flexible with the ability to continuously prioritize and manage time.
- Must have five or more years of programming experience within the Pick, D3, UniVerse or UniData environment.
- Self starter that can work well in a team environment.
- Sensitive company issues must be held confidential.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English and have the ability to communicate with all levels of users.
- Full time; no H1.
- Technical verification test may be required.
- Verifiable references.
- Competitive wages (based on experience).
- Holiday and vacation pay.
- Health insurance.
- Annual company profit sharing.
Contact: Kevin Marshall @ Technical Resource Group - 949.296.8380 x801
UniVerse/Pick Developer-Denver CO
Title: Programmer / Analyst - Pick / Universe / Multi-value (RDBMS)
Work Location: Denver, CO
Headquartered in Colorado, with locations in Utah, California, Washington, Arizona and Kansas, Brown-Strauss Steel is one of the largest distributors of wide flange beams and structural steel tubing in the United States. In addition to providing competitive compensation and benefit packages, Brown-Strauss Steel provides eligible employees the ability to participate in the company's Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
We are seeking an energetic, detail-focused Universe RDBMS Programmer / Analyst with 5+ years' experience in an ERP/wholesale distribution business environment to join our IT team at our Denver area headquarters. We are looking for quality individuals who desire to achieve a professional and rewarding career opportunity with a stable, growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the design, development, customization and enhancement of a proprietary ERP system and software.
• Support end users by troubleshooting, resolving issues and delivering training as needed.
• Contribute to special projects, such as new releases, data warehousing and ongoing improvements.
• Perform other duties as required
• Degree in Information Technology or the equivalent in work-related experience.
• Strong programming skills required in Pick / Universe / Multivalue RDBMS (5+ years preferred).
• Familiarity with MS Windows and Office products.
• Brown-Strauss offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical insurance, a 401k program and an ESOP plan.
For additional information contact email@example.com
Systems Architect - GreensBoro, NC
Market America, a product brokerage and Internet marketing company that specializes in One-to-One Marketing, is seeking an experienced Systems Architect for our U2 WebDE and UniVerse areas.
Establishes, monitors, and ensures systems requirements and functionality. Designs and implements database systems changes in conjunction with SDLC. Works with developers and application architects on design technics for overall system reliability and scalability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
•Develops and implements polices and procedure to ensure that systems support the business requirements and meets the needs of end users.
•Defines systems requirements based on user needs, costs, and required integration with existing applications, systems, and platforms.
•Defines technical standards and functionality tests.
•Develops specifications, prototypes, and user guides, as needed.
•Monitors the Development, Test and Live environments and processes to ensure proper functionality.
•Review log files to alert programmers for correction.
•Reviews log files in live environments to issue JIRA requests to correct errors.
•Implements and maintains system to adequately support security concerns between UniVerse Systems.
•Creates and maintains support accounts for all systems and tools used by department.
•Modifies source codes to effectively migrate into new environments.
•Installs, authorizes, and licenses U2 WebDE and U2 UniVerse in new systems.
•Writes, modifies, and implements software to effectively migrate from one technology to another.
•Writes utility software to effectively perform system functions.
•Complies with company policies and procedures.
•Performs other duties as needed.
Education and Experience
•Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
•Seven years of experience in programming, systems support and requirements.
•Or combination of equivalent experience, education, and training.
ŸU2 Certified Database Administrator
•Proficient use of MS Office products, Unix, Linux, U2 WebDE and U2 UniVerse.
•Above moderate levels of English writing, speaking, and reading comprehension; active listening; mathematics; critical thinking; complex problem solving; programming; analysis and evaluation; flexibility, innovation, troubleshooting; and judgment.
Market America offers competitive salary and generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and an on-site health clinic.
Qualified candidates should apply online. This position is based in Greensboro NC. This is not a telecommuting opportunity.
Market America is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.