U2 Technical Writer
Tracking Code: 343-509
About the position:
Rocket Software is looking for a dynamic, energetic
to join our vibrant, global team of Information Developers. This contributor, based in Denver, will bring creativity and enthusiasm for new technologies to our U2 products. An ideal candidate enjoys the challenge of working closely with team members from many disciplines and developing and continually striving to improve the quality of our product documentation.
- Write, edit, manage, and publish documentation including user's guides, online help, release notes, and technical notes for parts of our U2 Servers product line.
- Attend product planning and development meetings.
- Participate with the development team in the planning, specification, and testing phases of the product life cycle
- Work with subject matter experts and use the U2 software to learn about the products and update the documentation accordingly
- Use Arbortext Editor, FrameMaker, Acrobat X Pro, and Robohelp to author documentation
- Bring fresh, innovative ideas on how to best provide product information to our customers.
- Contribute to user task analysis and synthesize complex technical information for end users.
- Create splash screens and product setup menus for U2 products.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Journalism, English, or a technical discipline is required.
- Interested in learning new technology
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Can meet strict deadlines and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic technical writing principles including topic-based writing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take training and feedback, and incorporate them into daily writing
- Team-player attitude and approach to work
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Denver, Colorado, United States
- Certificate or degree in Technical Writing
- Knowledge of DITA and Arbortext
- Experience writing application software end-user documentation
Programmer - Ventura County, CA
TRG - Technical Resource Group
Well established and respected company in Ventura County, CA is seeking a seasoned Pick Developer to join their team. The Pick Developer will be responsible for: supporting the Pick environment with programming needs for enhancements and new software applications. The Pick Developer will work closely with the leadership and I.T. teams and be responsible for project development and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pick/D3 programming and ability to work with associated tools.
- Working knowledge/experience in fully integrated ERP systems.
- Create, test, debug and implement high quality Pick programs, subroutines and other solutions within the Pick/D3 environment.
- Support Pick applications through structured programming, documentation, design and code reviews.
- Solve problems effectively and in a fast paced environment.
- A thorough understanding of structured programming techniques to create highly effective readable code with solid documentation.
- Able to handle all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Generates innovative and evolutionary ideas for performance and business improvements.
- Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs, then develop and document those new business applications.
- Formulate overall business strategy.
- Project management of system software enhancements, in addition to development and implementation of new software programming.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be dependable, detail oriented, organized, and flexible with the ability to continuously prioritize and manage time.
- Must have five or more years of programming experience within the Pick, D3, UniVerse or UniData environment.
- Self starter that can work well in a team environment.
- Sensitive company issues must be held confidential.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English and have the ability to communicate with all levels of users.
- Full time; no H1.
- Technical verification test may be required.
- Verifiable references.
- Competitive wages (based on experience).
- Holiday and vacation pay.
- Health insurance.
- Annual company profit sharing.
Contact: Kevin Marshall @ Technical Resource Group - 949.296.8380 x801