Director of Information Technology Portland Oregon
Performance Warehouse / Baxter Auto Parts, is seeking a Director of Information Technology. This position manages all Information Technology (IT) operations to ensure the development and implementation of data processing, computer operations and related functions (communications, office systems, production activities, telecommunications, etc.) for the organization, including retail / wholesale locations in Washington, Oregon, and Northern California. As a member of the management team, the Director of IT coordinates the strategic plan relating to the development of information systems, provides ongoing analysis and planning of information systems, and makes decisions for changes, upgrades, and new IT projects to meet the business's dynamic needs. In addition to the IT team and CEO/President, this person works closely with the executive staff, chief and supervising managers, all system users, and vendors and consultants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the enterprise, working closely with staff to assess and address user and customer needs.
- Determines user requirements and recommends practical solutions.
- Leads enterprise-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology.
- Maintains awareness of changing trends and regulations, and acts as required.
- Develops implementation plans for new projects by coordinating process with project leader.
- Provides well-defined department plans including procedures, deadlines, and accountability.
- Develops an annual budget and provides justification when needed.
- Reviews and compares actual results to planned budgetary performance, preparing reports reflecting those results.
- Develops configuration and performance standards, and implements and monitors controls to ensure such maintenance.
- Develops and maintains a Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Reviews periodically department procedures, staffing and equipment for maximum efficiency while controlling costs.
- Makes purchasing decisions based on bid pricing provided by monitoring accurate records maintenance.
- Coaches and directs staff in operational activities to ensure compliance with departmental goals, objectives, and budget.
- Conducts department meetings in accordance with company's overall strategy and culture.
- Supervises the department's personnel administration activities including job assignment, training, performance evaluation, and compensation review.
- Ensures technology utilization by providing a fast, accurate, and secure method to access information in a highly efficient and effective manner.
- Ensures service support in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the computer science field
- Minimum of three years' experience in Multi-value database programming
- Minimum of three years managerial experience supervising people
- Thorough knowledge of the Multi-value/BASIC language, i.e. D3 Pick, U2, or Universe RDBMS
- Rocket D3 Flashconnect, HTML, and Java experience
- Ability to follow development and coding standards
- Extensive experience with personal computers and software applications
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel is expected.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Please email resumes and references to: email@example.com
Development Programmer/Analyst - Irvine, CA
Momentum Group, a leading supplier of contract textiles is seeking a Development Programmer/Analyst (PICK Programmer) in Irvine, CA.
At Momentum, we believe that our team is the key to our success. In exchange for their hard work, we support our team with an excellent compensation and benefits package, a family friendly work environment and have been continually voted as the Best Places to Work in Orange County. Momentum is committed to superior service and operational excellence.
POSITION PURPOSE: Designing programs and processes that meet the needs of end users. To identify technologies that have appropriate applications for our business.
- PICK/BASIC programing skills required
- Good working knowledge of HTML, XML, PROC, PDF, and PCL programing desired.
- Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of related experience.
- Universe DM administration is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure on time sensitive issues.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload.
- Must be MS Word, Excel, and Visio proficient.
- Must have a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Perform systems analysis.
- Project management.
- Develop sophisticated maintenance programming for Company ERP system.
- Support and modify Company ERP system
- Document new and modified processes for IT support.
- Develop complex custom reports and electronic forms.
- Provide specialized user support for existing applications.
- Systems integration:
- Identify and integrate technologies that have appropriate applications for business needs.
Please visit our website at www.memosamples.com for more information about our company.
Online Applications only:
Include a Job Posting with us?