Electro Rent Corporation
Van Nuys, CA (San Fernando Valley)
Electro Rent Corporation (NASDAQ: ELRC) is the world's leading technology rental company. We specialize in providing solutions for the temporary testing needs of the telecommunication, aerospace, computer and other electrical/electronic industries. Electro Rent is the exclusive Authorized Technology Partner (ATP) for North America for Agilent Technologies.
Electro Rent Corporation is seeking a Programmer/Analyst to support legacy applications in all areas of the application development life cycle: business analysis, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation and support. The individual will enhance legacy applications and assist in the design of new applications to meet business needs.
- Programming with U2 Universe/Pick-based applications
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Data/Programmer Analyst
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to meet with all levels of management
- Must be able to share ideas and work well within small teams to accomplish identified goals
- Highly motivated, organized, and detail oriented individual who can quickly come up to speed, understand and enhance existing applications
- Ability to determine and document user requirements through interviews with the various business groups
- BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant experience in application development
We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package including an on-site gym. Become a part of the Electro Rent team!
To apply, submit resume to:
This is not a telecommuting position.
EOE - AA M/F/D/V
Universe System Administrator
Universe System Administrator
: Full-time Employee/Exempt/Salaried
Director of Information Services
The Colorado Hospital Association (CHA) represents all types of hospitals throughout Colorado: private and government-operated, metropolitan and rural, investor-owned and not-for-profit. Our members care for more than 471,000 people in general, academic, specialty and rehabilitation hospitals. More than 8 million outpatient visits - including surgeries, home healthcare and emergency room visits - were recorded. With more than 55,000 people employed (full-time equivalents) and a combined payroll and benefits of more than $3.3 billion, Colorado hospitals are important to the state as major economic and employment contributors as well as health care providers.
As the Universe System Administrator, this individual will be a key member of the CHA technical support team with the key responsibility of supporting our Discharge Data program running on Universe databases on a Windows 2003/2008 Server Environment. This individual will be responsible for installation and upgrading of Universe, Redback, System Builder+, and MITS software. They will also need knowledge of debugging and rebuilding of indexes within a Universe database. This individual will also respond to product application and technical support questions from hospital members using CHA's iCHART software. In this Tier One role, this person will focus on taking incoming calls from CHA members to provide technical, functional and education support to end users with the goal of diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving basic to intermediate software issues. As an individual contributor in this role, keys to the person's success include displaying a superior customer service orientation in every interaction with end users, strong analytical and problem solving skills resulting in first-time resolution and excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities during peak volume times.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidates must have an understanding of TPC/IP and networking skills.
- System administration background within a Windows Server environment.
- Firewall configuration experience necessary. Watch Guard firewall experience a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience installing and upgrading Universe databases.
- Knowledge of data encryption and Hi Tech HIPAA regulations.
- Displays strong customer service orientation in all customer communication, using professional, courteous, and tactful communication and problem-solving skills driving high post-inquiry customer satisfaction.
- Field Health Information Management (HIM) related questions from CHA members including but not limited to those dealing with claims, DRGs, monthly data submissions and edits reports,
- Process the daily submission of discharge data by member hospitals. Closely monitors errors rates of submitted data; and maintains an up to date schedule of data submissions by hospital.
- Perform quarterly closeout of Discharge Data, including quarterly reports and database updates via CD ROMs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with HIM contacts in all member hospitals.
- Assist the Director of Information Services with end user documentation and user's manual.
- Perform basic database queries to validate and verify accuracy of Discharge Data submissions.
- Functions as a high performing team member, using open communication, professionalism and acceptance of individual accountability to drive trust across members of team.
- Provide quality desktop support to CHA employees, including support for all related hardware, printing, applications, wireless networks and training facilities.
- Proficiency in the setup, installation and maintenance of desktop systems operating systems, applications and hardware.
- Support CHA employees with all communications based software, including Outlook, Exchange, and iMIS association management software.
- Contact hospitals that are late in their monthly data submission; and elevate non submissions notifications as per policy.
- Actively participate in IT Tech group meetings.
- Work with the Discharge data department to identify areas of inefficiency and develop processes and tools to address these areas.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- Associate's degree ideally in computer science, information services, or equivalent in work experience
- Previous experience in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Experience with Software Application Troubleshooting and Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 7) Hardware Networks and Connectivity Tools.
- Effective interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of staff levels.
- Practical experience with databases. Experience with multi-valued databases preferred.
- Demonstrates a warm, friendly and positive demeanor.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to reporting accuracy.
- Excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced office work environment.
- Requires occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
- Presentation of technical material in group settings required occasionally.
- Mid-level stress.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
- Requires walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods through out the day.
- May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files on a regular basis. Proper lifting techniques required.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Software applications including Discharge Data collection and processing application (iCHART).
- Multi-line telephone with voice mail.
- Copy machine.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
The position is located in Greenwood Village, CO. Please send resume and salary requirement to email@example.com . No telecommuting.
Programmer / Analyst - Pick / Universe / Multi-value (RDBMS)
Work Location: Denver, CO
With seven locations, Brown-Strauss Steel is one of the largest distributors of wide flange beam and structural steel tubing in the United States.
We are seeking a Universe RDBMS Programmer / Analyst with 5+ years' experience in an ERP/wholesale distribution business environment to join our IT team in the Denver area.
We are looking for quality individuals who desire to achieve a professional and rewarding career opportunity with a stable, yet growing, company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design, development, customization and enhancement of a proprietary ERP system and software.
- Support end users by troubleshooting, resolving issues and delivering training as needed.
- Contribute to special projects, such as new releases, data warehousing and ongoing improvements.
- Perform other duties as required
- Degree in Information Technology or the equivalent in work-related experience.
- Strong programming skills required in Pick / Universe / Multivalue RDBMS (5+ years preferred).
- Familiarity with MS Windows and Office products.
- Brown-Strauss offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical insurance, a 401k program and an ESOP plan.
Please email resumes and references to: