UniVerse/Pick Developer-Denver CO
Title: Programmer / Analyst - Pick / Universe / Multi-value (RDBMS)
Work Location: Denver, CO
Headquartered in Colorado, with locations in Utah, California, Washington, Arizona and Kansas, Brown-Strauss Steel is one of the largest distributors of wide flange beams and structural steel tubing in the United States. In addition to providing competitive compensation and benefit packages, Brown-Strauss Steel provides eligible employees the ability to participate in the company's Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
We are seeking an energetic, detail-focused Universe RDBMS Programmer / Analyst with 5+ years' experience in an ERP/wholesale distribution business environment to join our IT team at our Denver area headquarters. We are looking for quality individuals who desire to achieve a professional and rewarding career opportunity with a stable, growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the design, development, customization and enhancement of a proprietary ERP system and software.
• Support end users by troubleshooting, resolving issues and delivering training as needed.
• Contribute to special projects, such as new releases, data warehousing and ongoing improvements.
• Perform other duties as required
• Degree in Information Technology or the equivalent in work-related experience.
• Strong programming skills required in Pick / Universe / Multivalue RDBMS (5+ years preferred).
• Familiarity with MS Windows and Office products.
• Brown-Strauss offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical insurance, a 401k program and an ESOP plan.
For additional information contact email@example.com
Systems Architect - GreensBoro, NC
Market America, a product brokerage and Internet marketing company that specializes in One-to-One Marketing, is seeking an experienced Systems Architect for our U2 WebDE and UniVerse areas.
Establishes, monitors, and ensures systems requirements and functionality. Designs and implements database systems changes in conjunction with SDLC. Works with developers and application architects on design technics for overall system reliability and scalability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
•Develops and implements polices and procedure to ensure that systems support the business requirements and meets the needs of end users.
•Defines systems requirements based on user needs, costs, and required integration with existing applications, systems, and platforms.
•Defines technical standards and functionality tests.
•Develops specifications, prototypes, and user guides, as needed.
•Monitors the Development, Test and Live environments and processes to ensure proper functionality.
•Review log files to alert programmers for correction.
•Reviews log files in live environments to issue JIRA requests to correct errors.
•Implements and maintains system to adequately support security concerns between UniVerse Systems.
•Creates and maintains support accounts for all systems and tools used by department.
•Modifies source codes to effectively migrate into new environments.
•Installs, authorizes, and licenses U2 WebDE and U2 UniVerse in new systems.
•Writes, modifies, and implements software to effectively migrate from one technology to another.
•Writes utility software to effectively perform system functions.
•Complies with company policies and procedures.
•Performs other duties as needed.
Education and Experience
•Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
•Seven years of experience in programming, systems support and requirements.
•Or combination of equivalent experience, education, and training.
ŸU2 Certified Database Administrator
•Proficient use of MS Office products, Unix, Linux, U2 WebDE and U2 UniVerse.
•Above moderate levels of English writing, speaking, and reading comprehension; active listening; mathematics; critical thinking; complex problem solving; programming; analysis and evaluation; flexibility, innovation, troubleshooting; and judgment.
Market America offers competitive salary and generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and an on-site health clinic.
Qualified candidates should apply online. This position is based in Greensboro NC. This is not a telecommuting opportunity.
Market America is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
MultiValue Programmer - Seattle, Washington
Established in 1954, GM Nameplate specializes in the custom design and manufacture of branding components including nameplates, decals, labels and custom panels; electronic input devices such as membrane switches and bio-sensors, rubber keypads and touch screens; decorated and molded plastic components; value added assemblies; and large format digital graphics. GMN is recognized worldwide as a leading international manufacturer, which provides products and services that exceed customer expectations every time.
GMN is a privately owned company with corporate headquarters in Seattle, Washington. The company employs nearly 1,000 individuals throughout facilities in California, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oregon, Washington (2), and Asia (2).
We are currently looking for a Multi-Value Business Programmer
Please apply at
Develops, writes and maintains complex programs in a multi-value database environment. Works with other systems analysts to identify and resolve technical programming problems. May help train less experienced programmers to code, modify, test, and debug programs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Codes, tests, and debugs complex application programs.
- Develops functional specifications and logic designs.
- Prepares record formats and documentation for application modules.
- Designs and codes multiphase program structures and utility routines.
- Estimates programming resource requirements and participates in project planning and scheduling.
- Contributes to the improvement of existing programming techniques and applications.
- Provides assistance, instruction, and direction to less experienced applications programmers.
- Communicate with other programmers as well as end users.
- Provides assistance integrating various applications with company multi-value ERP system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Proven record to be able to work under pressure.
- High degree of concentration and the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to understand existing programs and modify other peoples work when necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
- 4-6 year degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years' experience programming in a business environment (manufacturing environment preferred).
- 2-3 years' experience in multi-value database programming languages (PICK, jBase, Universe, Unidata or similar)
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills for repair or upgrading of existing code.
- Preference given to those with Unix/Linux scripting and operating system skills.
- Other database languages a plus.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
GM Nameplate Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled. GM Nameplate Inc. is an alcohol-free and smoke-free work place. We are a drug free workplace following federal guidelines. All qualified candidates must pass a drug screening as a condition of employment.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact