For decades, MV BASIC has featured the CALL() statement, allowing for
external subroutines invoked by mainline programs. Typically, one does this
to share common code/ processing/algorithms, thus upholding the development
principle of DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself). However, such features often come
with a performance penalty. How much of a performance penalty?
This position will be responsible for maintenance of existing systems and the architecture, design, development and implementation of high quality applications. Collaborate with team members to develop quality applications within an Agile software development framework. This position requires work on multiple, medium to large scale technical projects at a time, as well as ongoing production support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and test applicable software applications leveraging Pick/Universe
- Maintain systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Create technical specifications and test plans as appropriate
- Support high quality web and windows form applications using the Agile Software Development methodology which includes structured programming, documentation, design, and code-reviews
- Work with business and application users to define and design robust and user centric application solutions
- Work as part of the development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced environment.
- Work with Web development on data integration between the websites and the UniVerse database
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have proven experience with software development groups and projects
- B.S. degree or above in Computer Science highly preferred
- 7+ years of programming experience with Pick/Universe or Unidata
- Must have a thorough understanding of structured programming design techniques and best-practice design patterns used to create high-quality, robust and readable code
- Must have experience in all phases of the Software Development Life cycle
- Experience with EDI is a plus
- An understanding of Agile Methodologies is a plus
The meeting will be held Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 5:30 PM PDT
at the Zayo Group data center.
There are many exciting sessions and vast amounts of information
that the International Spectrum Conference provides to MultiValue
developers and users.