About the Job
NOITU has an opportunity for a Programmer/Analyst to join our team at the NOITU Corporate Headquarters, located in Jamaica, NY. NOITU Insurance Trust Fund is a not for profit organization providing the healthcare insurance to our union members and their dependents. We essentially run a small, private HMO.
The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for defining, developing, testing, analyzing and maintaining software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements into technical specifications and designs. Technical knowledge in full life cycle software development methodologies and quality assurance required. Creates and maintains code and process flow documentation according to change control standards.
Must meet one of the following in terms of education and experience:
BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field AND 3 - 5 years of experience, including significant experience with VB.Net, SQL, Microsoft Development Tools, and Entity Framework;
an acceptable equivalent combination of related education/certifications and experience with the above areas.
Healthcare experience, prior PICK programming experience and / or EDI experience a plus.
The above experience must demonstrate the ability and skills to:
* Develop required specifications for simple to complex problems
* Update, repair, modify, and expand existing computer programs.
* Experience working in Microsoft environment, including operating systems, server applications, and strong troubleshooting and analysis skills.
* MS Access/VBA and MS Excel/Macro experience preferred.
* Experience writing SQL code for user-defined database extract or update statements.
* Experience with creating stored procedures and functions.
* Interface experience between backend SQL database and business applications.
* Experience with importing various file formats and parsing them into standard file formats.
* Recreate steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrite program to correct errors.
* Troubleshoot and debug complex issues and offer solutions to resolve them.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
* Prepare required documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation.
* Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills for interacting with and presenting findings to project and task team members.
* Liaise with vendors, network administrators and system analysts for efficient implementation of new software products and systems and for resolution of any adaptation and maintenance issues.
* Assist with identifying programming tasks and estimating programming effort/hours for project completion.
* Familiarity with change control environments and source code management protocols and processes.
* Provide application and third party bolt on support.
* Must be flexible and dependable and able to manage and handle change.
* Must be willing to learn the PICK programming language if not already familiar with it.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
The NOITU Insurance Trust Fund is a smaller organization with a family atmosphere. We offer competitive pay and a stong benefits package that includes company paid health and dental, vacation, PTO, paid holidays and a very generous funding into the retirement plan.