There are many IT topics that work inside and outside the MultiValue
Databases. One topic that has been around in various forms is Data Mining.
In this issue we interviewed an expert in social media data mining, and how
it is used, along with their impression of MultiValue technologies. Along
with our outside expert, we queried our MultiValue Marketplace and asked how
they are using the technology.
Well established and respected company in Ventura County, CA is seeking a seasoned Pick Developer to join their team. The Pick Developer will be responsible for: supporting the Pick environment with programming needs for enhancements and new software applications. The Pick Developer will work closely with the leadership and I.T. teams and be responsible for project development and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pick/D3 programming and ability to work with associated tools.
- Working knowledge/experience in fully integrated ERP systems.
- Create, test, debug and implement high quality Pick programs, subroutines and other solutions within the Pick/D3 environment.
- Support Pick applications through structured programming, documentation, design and code reviews.
- Solve problems effectively and in a fast paced environment.
- A thorough understanding of structured programming techniques to create highly effective readable code with solid documentation.
- Able to handle all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Generates innovative and evolutionary ideas for performance and business improvements.
- Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs, then develop and document those new business applications.
- Formulate overall business strategy.
- Project management of system software enhancements, in addition to development and implementation of new software programming.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be dependable, detail oriented, organized, and flexible with the ability to continuously prioritize and manage time.
- Must have five or more years of programming experience within the Pick, D3, UniVerse or UniData environment.
- Self starter that can work well in a team environment.
- Sensitive company issues must be held confidential.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English and have the ability to communicate with all levels of users.
- Full time; no H1.
- Technical verification test may be required.
- Verifiable references.
- Competitive wages (based on experience).
- Holiday and vacation pay.
- Health insurance.
- Annual company profit sharing.
Contact: Kevin Marshall @ Technical Resource Group - 949.296.8380 x801
Release 3.3-2 of the QM MultiValue Database is now available for
download. This is a minor release containing items requested by
our users plus some minor bug fixes.
The 4.1.5 release continues to strengthen Kourier's support for
external non-U2 data sources, and provides clients with more
options and flexibility when designing ODBC-type exports to
extract and transform data, according to Keith Lambert, vice
president of marketing and business development at Kore.
U2 Users Group is joining with the Rocket Software User Group to
better represent the broad range of Rocket Software users and in
particular our MultiValue friends in the Rocket D3 and mvBase
The State of Connecticut needed a reporting solution that would
address their disparate data reporting and analysis needs
throughout various departments.