Rocket Software announced that it has launched the latest version of its industry leading MultiValue database server, D3 Linux 9.2. This release -- the first since the company acquired TigerLogic Corporation's (NASDAQ: TIGR) MultiValue database business last November - reflects the commitment of Rocket Software to the rapidly evolving demands of customers using multiple operating systems to develop MultiValue databases.
"This product release is just the beginning of an exciting future made possible by the integration of the Rocket D3 development platform into our family of NoSQL MultiValue products," said Roy Sanford, Chief Marketing Officer of Rocket Software. "The D3 platform is widely regarded as an industry leader in enabling businesses to develop scalable database applications that seamlessly integrate with their existing systems. D3 Linux 9.2 represents another leap forward in giving organizations the ability to build custom solutions that can meet users' ever-changing needs."
"We're very excited about the release of D3 Linux 9.2," said William Pratt, President of Pamar Systems, Inc., a Rocket D3 partner that develops software for the debt-collection industry. "The new built-in features, rich toolset and responsive performance allows us to create the next generation Pamar Collection System using D3 and Java technology to quickly deliver information where it's needed."
In addition to its support of Linux, D3 Linux 9.2 includes:
- File Level Encryption - Efficient encryption of data offers enhanced file security.
- SSL Support - Support for Secure Socket Layer provides greater security for data in transit.
- Host Authentication - Support for single sign-on and a central point for user security management.
- Enterprise Licensing - Allows up to 10 connections from a client to a shared single license.
- Auditing of Item Reads - Addition of call read triggers supports advanced auditing of data retrieval.
- Linux Package Dependency Check - Streamlines installation of D3 Linux via Linux package verification during installation.
Rocket Software is a global software development firm that builds and services Enterprise Infrastructure products for the world’s leading OEMs, networks and software companies and enterprises. The company’s current lines of business complement and extend strategic OEM offerings in the areas of database, business intelligence, storage, networks and telecom, terminal emulation and FTP, integration, modernization and SOA, and security. Rocket is engaged in business and technology partnerships with IBM, EMC/RSA, HP/EDS, Nortel, Motorola, and many others. Rocket Software is based in Newton, Massachusetts.
Rocket D3 Database Management System is a powerful multidimensional database management systems that are the choice of thousands of application developers worldwide.
Powerful development environment designed for today's business critical transactional and analytical database applications, providing: