Arizona 2017 - May 1st-4th
Release Date: Wednesday, December 15, 2010
U2 Web DE has been re-architected at V5.0 to take advantage of native UO connectivity and Connection Pooling, bringing new functionality to U2 developers who want to create Web applications. The new architecture allows you to take advantage of additional database functionality such as 7x24 support for pausing your database to allow a snapshot for backups, Data Encryption at Rest and SSL to secure your environment and your data, and full foreign language support using UniVerse National Language Support (NLS) and UniData I18N allowing your Web application to run in languages other than English (e.g. Simplified Chinese).
U2 Web DE V5.0 Eclipse tooling has been expanded to make it easier to deploy and use U2 Web DE with your U2 applications. U2 Web DE V5.0 offers the ability to deploy all backend components through an Eclipse client, enable accounts to use U2 Web DE with a single click and build RedBack Objects (RBOs) without additional coding. Once created, these RBOs contain standard methods that can be used to handle common database functionality, such as read, write and delete methods or changed to use your own routines to handle Web transactions.
Visual Studio users can now take advantage of RBOs as native data sources allowing all RBOs methods and properties to be directly managed within Visual Studio. This allows your Multi-Value developers and Visual Studio developers to co-exist peacefully and focus on their own skills, thus improving productivity.
About Rocket Software
Rocket Software is a global software development firm that builds and services Enterprise Infrastructure products for the world’s leading OEMs, networks and software companies and enterprises. The company’s current lines of business complement and extend strategic OEM offerings in the areas of database, business intelligence, storage, networks and telecom, terminal emulation and FTP, integration, modernization and SOA, and security. Rocket is engaged in business and technology partnerships with IBM, EMC/RSA, HP/EDS, Nortel, Motorola, and many others. Rocket Software is based in Newton, Massachusetts.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com
Power and Performance without the Maintenance.
Deliver Even Better Availability, Interoperability and Security for Your Data.
UniData is an extended relational data server ideal for embedding in a variety of industry-focused solutions. Its extended relational model, with NoSQL access to data, is perfect for rapid cost-effective applications serving the needs of businesses from SMB to the enterprise where outstanding performance, reliability, scalability and manageability are needed.
- Delivers low TCO and exceptional scalability to meet the challenges of on demand business in the SMB and large enterprise markets
- Provides intuitive design and high-performance queries using an extended relational data model
- Supports security and robustness via encryption, authentication and high availability features
- Features native high-performance interfaces for .NET, Java and more
- Includes U2 Dynamic Objects for easier exchange of data with web services
- Data Type Enforcement provides an optional check on data written to a file in order to assure only valid data is stored.
- Replication with External Database Access (EDA) can be used to replicate your data to a SQL database on the same server.
- U2 MetaData Manager (U2 MDM), a user-friendly tool, quickly and easily builds and maintains mappingsfor your SQL tools accessing UniData.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-unidata
Fast and Flexiblefor the Enterprise.
Modern data. Managed.
UniVerse is an extended relational data server optimized for embedding in vertical applications. UniVerse offers a nested relational (MultiValue) data model , with NoSQL access to data, means intuitive data modeling and fewer resulting tables.
- Delivers high performance to business solutions through super-efficient database structures
- Speeds your time to market while providing a lower total cost of ownership
- Advanced management with audit logging and account-based licensing
- Protects your data and provides around-the-clock availability to your enterprise application
- Integrates easily with third party software and external data sources
U2 MetaData Manager (U2MDM), a user-friendly tool, quickly and easily builds and maintains mappings for your SQL tools accessing UniVerse.
For more information, visit http://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-universe